29.8.08

How unique do people feel as Jr fans??

May be...

  • I feel unique being a David Ragan fan.
  • I think an honest Ralph Jr, fan will tell you that they became his fans after Ralph Sr. died. It was a simple concept and a gutless move to blindly jump on the Ralph Jr. bandwagon.

    They are so brainwashed drinking the Jr. koolaid that they still support him after he joined HMS, HMS was like the darkside of the force to a jedi before he joined them. Now they are all blindly following HMS to support their no talent driver.

    Ralph Jr. is a hack!
  • Only reason I follow his driving is because of the man-Sr.
  • Perhaps I will try a differant approach JM. No bashing no name calling. I do not feel unique at all, as a Daje Jr fan or a race car fan. I have loved anything that has had to do with racing ever since I can remember. Yes, way back to the days of the sand box and matchbox cars!

    Being a Jr fan does not make a person unique. I should only speak for myself here. I am just a race fan that pulls for Jr period. Like Elliott before him and Richard Petty before that it isn't the car or the team that I chose it was the driver not only because how they did on sunday but for what they did monday through saturday. These guys are and will be ledgends in this sport long after you and I are long gone and they are but a few of the many out there that do what we only can dream of.
  • I felt, as you say, unique about 9 years ago, now------forget it. I am a loyal Jr fan but the hubbub and hordes of Jr fans bum me out sometimes. I am not going to dump my favorite driver because too many other folks like him---but if he didn't drive Chevrolet, I'd be outta there. As much as I like to root for the son of my first favorite driver (Dale sr) save AJ Foyt, I am glad Jr is a Chevy man.
  • Well, considering there is over 1 million NASCAR fans in the world, I would say it is pretty rare to be "unique" no matter which driver you support. Well, possibly JJ Yelley?!

    I get so sick of reading that Jr. fans ONLY like Jr. because of Sr. There are new fans to NASCAR every year, and MANY new ones since 2001. That theory doesn't even hold water.
  • None of them stand out from the crowd
  • I'm not a Jr. fan, but I'm married to one. I asked him.

    It went something like this.
    Me: Hon, how unique do you feel as a Jr. fan?
    Him: Unique enough to not give a flying fvck what what your cyber friends think of me.

    That's the best I got.
  • Well I don't know how unique it is to be part of a herd. He had his own little fan base when he came in. But once his father died, those fans were left without a hero. And the natural pick to go to next was Dale Jr.
    His dad had a huge following so now so does he. Huge following doesn't equal uniquness.

    me? I am a throughbred. I am a Kyle Busch fan. LOL

    Oh...and before everyone gets their little jockies in a knot...I too jumped on the jr. bandwagon after Sr. passed. was an ardent fan for years....
  • winter glory's husband said it best
  • it depends on which ones your talking about
    I know a hard core Junior fan that put money on Kyle Busch @ Fontana. I'm a fan of DEI and I put money on Dummy Hamlin.
    I bet that really strains your brain.
    -burn-baby-burn
  • No comments: