29.8.08

Do you know who this driver is......? Nascar Trivia?

May be...

  • Jimmy Spencer

    1989--> Jimmy moved to the Winston Cup Series, driving the #88 Crisco Pontiac for Buddy Baker's team in 17 of the 29 races. He posted three top-tens and finished 34th in points. (Crisco)

    1990--> He then ran full-time in 1990, finishing in the top-ten twice for Rod Osterlund Racing. During the season, he posted two top-tens in the #57 Heinz Pontiac and finished 24th in points. (Ketchup=Catch Up)

    1991--> Spencer moved to the #98 Banquet Frozen Foods Chevrolet for Travis Carter Motorsports. Despite six top-ten finishes, Spencer dropped one position in the standings due to twelve DNFs (Banquet)

    1993--> He signed to drive Allison's #12 Meineke Ford Thunderbird full-time in 1993, and finished in the top-five five times, resulting in a career-best fifteenth-place in the final standings. (Meineke)

    1995--> Spencer left to reunite with Travis Carter, who was now fielding the #23 Smokin' Joe's Ford. (Smokin Joes)

    2000--> After a 20th-place finish in 1999, Winston left the team, and Kmart became the team's new sponsor, causing Spencer to switch to the #26 to accommodate the new sponsor (Kmart Blue Light Special)

    2002--> In 2002, Spencer announced he had teamed with Chip Ganassi Racing to drive the #41 Target Dodge Intrepid.

    2006-Present--> Spencer now works full time as an analyst for SPEED TV.
  • Derrike Cope was the answer last nite....unfortunately the question was deleted....but that happens. So my question is....do you know who this driver is?

    He started his career in 1989 driving a bucket of lard for Baker
    The next year he tried to "catch up" to the rest of the field
    He thought he had found a bountiful banquet but the team
    shut down
    But then a legend came him some "breaks" but when a bigger
    legendary owner called....he was eating "GOLD" for awhile
    But again he switched rides because the previous wasn't
    "smokin'" enough....5 years later he was given the "blue light"
    for another sponsor but that one wasn't quite on target.
    So he wanted something more serious......and wound up
    achieving alot of speed.
    Do you know who he is? (Pretty easy tonight huh?)
  • my homestate boy Jimmy Spencer
  • Jimmy Spencer
    Blue light is the name of a sale at K-Mart
    Target
    Sirius Satellite Radio
  • I knew..lol:)
  • Another great question. I won Money on a Jimmy Spencer race once. He was in the Modified tour at Thompson CT and wrecked.I was the only one our gang to watch the consi. When we all put in our money I chose last knowing he won the consi. Boy were all the guys mad. I have been a fan ever since.
  • Tony Stewart??

    Oops guess I was wrong LoL! =)
    I was just guessing!

    **edit: Jeff can you email me the answers from the one about Days of Thunder from last night you said I had all the drivers but I was kind of wondering if I had the cars right and who went in what car # for the ones I only had their names. I would appreciate it (I looked forever and all I could come up with was the names for those 3) Thanks (if you don't care to do that)** I was gonna email you but I can't!


    ***THANK YOU!!***
  • Heinz sponsored Rod Osterlund’s No. 57 car driven by Jimmy Spencer

    More later...(As soon as I see what bestanswer finds out) ROFL
  • Cole Trickle
  • Jimmy Spencer.
  • No comments: