27.8.08

Do you think Joey Logano will make the chase next year?

May be...

  • Being optimistic, I say he'll barely make it into the Chase. Can't wait to see it.
  • No. He has never even run a Cup race and only a partial Nationwide schedule.

    Tony Stewart had a ton more racing experience when he came into NASCAR and had championships in some pretty high level series.
  • no not just yet.
  • Tony Stewart finished 4th in the point standings his rookie year in cup in the 20 car, so I think the car is capable of it, but does anybody think Joey will make the chase? He will still be 18 when he makes his debut so I think he'll be in a few more wrecks than Tony was his first season, but if everything goes good I think he will be able to make the chase.

    What does everybody else think?
  • That's a good question BestAnswer, my gut says no. So far he has yet to race CUP (I realize he will before years end) I think the lack of experience may keep him out. But who knows I have been wrong before (and often). I think he'll give us plenty to "talk" about next year on this forum.
  • Since you are only asking for opinions here ya go. I honestly think he's not going to do too well. However Gibbs has ALWAYS been able to set up a car. It really is too early to tell because there needs to be at least 2 more dyno tests done this season to see how NASCAR regulates each manufacturer. this past test is the second test of the season for the Cup series and those results are still inconclusive. They usually have about 4 per season.

    If NASCAR doesn't do anything to anyone's horsepower within next year then I'd say he has a shot at it. I'm still leaning toward he will not make the chase though. I might be wrong.
  • no
  • No I don't.
  • Talented beyond belief, but that would be a huge accomplishment. Stewart was a major open-wheel racer and comparable with A.J. Foyt with his ability to drive anything with four wheels. Logano will not wreck the equipment, but the learning curve on the various tracks in the "Big Show" will take one season.
  • I believe he is capable. It seems as of late down to even Tony's rookie year, the rookies always seem to do very well in that year and place very respectively in the final points. However the NASCAR of 1998 is not the NASCAR of 2009, but I stand by my opinion that he'll make it in at least.
  • They don`t call him sliced bread for nothing. With his ability and JGR equipment I think he will make the chase and win more races than stewart does this year and next.
  • He won't even come close.
  • I don't think he will.
    But I'd like to see it happen.
    And anything can happen so who knows?
  • I'm not sure about that I think he still is awful young and not as experienced as others don't get me wrong I think he's got talent but I'm just not sure how he'll do in his first season against some of the more experienced drivers, but hey that's just my opinion!
  • I have a gut(and its a big one) feeling that Joey will make the chase next year. He certainly has the talent and has impressed me with his running in the Nationwide series with all the cup regulars racing in it too.
  • I think he will maybe 11 or 12 place. Not any higher than that.
  • no
  • Yes he will. New generation of drivers are taking over. Tony will not make the chase.
  • no way
  • no he will not make the chase but he will finsh in the top 25
  • Probably not. Tony was alot older than Joey during his rookie season.
    Joey's not even done with puberty yet and is getting a Cup ride.
    That would be some accomplishment if he were to pull it off.
  • No comments: