27.8.08

Have you ever visited a NASCAR team's shop or museum?

May be...

  • I visited Robert Yates Racing in 2006 and bought me a spark plug and a lug nut. Elliott's car was in the front but I only seen DJ's cars in the shop. Elliott's cars must have been in another part of the shop.
  • I took the family to Hendrick last year, I thought it was pretty cool how they had a bunch of cars from the past all over the place, even in the shop buildings they even had some of Tim Richmond's cars and a car that Schrader totaled at Talladega in the museum, hell they even had a Days Of Thunder car in the museum. Of course the thing that threw me for a loop was the pic of Dale Sr. in Victory Lane with Rick(found out later that HMS's first Busch win was with Sr. driving). One odd thing though 24/48 shop is harder to see into than what's now the 88/5 shop(must be to hide what Knaus is up to, just kidding folks). I plan on visiting there again just so I can get even more free Jr stuff(I've already gotten stuff at work, the National Guard, and Chevy), and next year Stewart/Haas, and JR Motorsports.
  • Jeff Gordon once visited Jimmie Johnson's ''museum''.
  • I'm from Randleman (Richard Petty's hometown) and his new museum is much bigger. It's at the old Shaw furniture building a block from downtown
  • Even me living out in Calif now, I use to live in NC, been to JR Motorsports, DEI, HMS, JGR (when they had Chevy's) The old Petty Enterprises over in Level Cross, and RCR and Robert Yates. Even the old Holman & Moody Shop. I miss living in NC, being a Nascar fan living in Calif kinda sucks.

    Go Dale Jr & Hms
  • no.. im not into nascar
  • No i haven't visited nascar team shop or museum but if i do... it have to be Elliott Sadler since he is my favorite driver.
  • No but that would be fun. If I did do it I'd visit HMS and JGR...hopefully I will before all the drivers I cheer for now are out of the sport lol.
  • I'd love to see NASCAR team shop's, but I live in Illinois. Someday, I will visit them.
  • Never been but I think any of them would be nice to see. Regardless of the rivalries they all entertain us each week and seeing any of their operations would be an honor. I got a kick out of sending an email to Cotton Owens website once and I never even saw him race so I know I would really enjoy seeing the shops. One of the bigger honors would be seeing Richard Petty's place. He's the furthest back I can remember seeing and is truly an icon in NASCAR history.

    Even though I have ill feelings with DEI I would still love to visit it and would enjoy meeting Teresa Earnhardt, regardless of her and Dale Jr's past. I'd also like to see ole Junior's place for the heck of it just to say I've seen it.

    I often go online and get on Google Earth and pinpoint all of the shops trying to get an idea of where everything is located. I daydream about making a run to all of the shops in the area (Joe Gibbs also).
  • Living in NC I find myself sometimes taking it for granted that all of the teams are basically in my back yard. I have visited nearly every Cup team shop and about half of the Nationwiders. So my question is...have you ever visited one? And if so....which one(s)? If not....do you think you ever will? And if so who's would it be????
  • I've been to JGR, KHI, RCR and DEI.

    JGR is amazing, seeing all of the trophies, memorabilia, and the shop

    liked the openness of KHI, no glass wall, you look right down on the shop, it was very cool.

    RCR was cool, they were loading the haulers for the Coke 600 when I was there.

    DEI was ok if you are an Earnhardt fan, but you'd never know they had any current drivers, it's all Dale, and not that that is a bad thing, it just would have been nice to see something that showed they appreciated the work of their current drivers.

  • I never have but I wish I could spend about a month in or around Mooresville. If I lived in NC I would never see the light of day for being at one or two everyday.

    Thanks Jeff C. Its been a dream of mine since Ive been following Nascar since 1988-89. My wife and I would probably never leave. LOL J/K Ive got a 10 year old son and 12 year old girl that love it here. I will get up and see it before I die.
  • No comments: