20.8.08

How many more times are they going to change the name?

May be...

  • I hope they will stick with the Sprint Cup this time. I still have trouble not calling it the Winston Cup. I guess I'm not the brightest bulb in the chandelier.
  • So many things in NASCAR have changed since I started watching. I liked it better when smokes and beer were sponsoring everything. Free Winstons and Busch can't be beat. I think that's the way God intended NASCAR to be.
  • the name will change any time the sponsorship changes, sorry folks but money talks....jmo but get over it.

    does it matter what it's called as long as it's called RACING!!??
  • are you
    ?????????
    ??????????????
    ?????????????????????????????????
    aakdldljdlkkk
  • I agree, this is ridiculous, however money talks and they're the ones paying so it's go to be the way they want.Just imagine if preparation H gets to sponsor them! Preparation H Cup (OUCH)
  • Well, knowing Nascar who ever has the most money buys the name..but in my opinion always will be Winston Cup..we hardly ever call it the Sprint Cup just "Cup"

    Just like the Nationwide Series..we all still refer to it as "Bush" sometimes things just stick with us, no matter what they change it too..just my opinion!
  • Well unless the rumors of T-Mobile buying Sprint NEXTEL come true it shall be known as the Sprint Cup Series until 2014 (or beyond should they renew their sponsorship contract).
    Winston dropped out due to US Tobacco advertising laws. NEXTEL stepped up but was bought out from Sprint, which then began to phase out the NEXTEL name, much like AT&T to Cingular & Verizon will be to alltel. Hence the change to what we now know as the Sprint Cup Series.
  • just call it cup thats the easist way
  • It all has to do with money,, if the sponsor changes then the name will change again.
  • My sentiments exactly I wish it would return to the Winston Cup. It was called that when I started watching.

    ...in fact I asked this question awhile ago...look at some of the great answers:

    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;...
  • winston cup then nextel cup now sprint cup i can't keep up with the name
  • I wasn't a fan when it was called Winston Cup so that sounds pretty weird to me. I like Nextel Cup, but now I'm used to Sprint Cup.
  • Nascar will change it as many times as a corporate sponsor wants as long as they're willing to shell out huge $$$$ amounts their way. Wouldn't surpise if it's changed at least 2 more times in next 5 years with all the communication buyouts that's been going on recently. What if Sprint leaves? Will they be racing for the CUP OF COCA-COLA; THE CUP OF CAMPBELL'S SOUP; The Ollie's Outlet Barn of Cheap Imported Stuff Slighty used CUP; the list could go on and on. My point is, to me, is doesn't matter what's it's called as long as it's stock car racing with the 43 best drivers....that's all that matters. Just an opinion of course.
  • No comments: