17.8.08

With the announcement of Newman and Stewart Friday?

May be...

  • Snake. Bro.

    Newman could blow up a wet box of tissues.

    Tony could have made a better choice.
  • The only reason that Stewart hired Newman is because he wanted a teammate that was fatter and stubbier than himself. They should change the name to the Fat Bros. Racing team.
  • I hope not, but remember Newman is a engineer and he can work on his own race car..I wish Smoke and Rocketman lots of success for next year as both will be in Chevy's and You know that I'm a huge Chvey fan.. Nope I do not see this as a sign of whats coming, its racing Snake and you know that and S**T can happen at a minutes notice unless you are Rowdy Busch (sorry I just had to toss that in)

    Go Dale Jr & Hms
  • It's not the first time that Ryan has lost an engine this season. It is part of the problem that caused Ryan to look elsewhere for a ride for next season. I am a fan of both drivers. They both know the work in front of them for next year & they are ready to tackle it. So I don't feel it is a sign of things to come, only a reminder of why he's leaving Penske.
  • No, Roger just called Theresa Earnhardt about what to do with drivers that are leaving after the season.
  • No, it is just a continuation of the bad luck that Ryan has had over the last couple of years with that team. I think the change will do him good.
  • Then Newmans engine letting go there afterwards. Is this a sign of things to come at Hass/CNC racing next year?
  • Get these guys in Chevrolets and they will feel like thay can actually accomplish something (oops, I just avoided the question) How about... well, put it this way. You never know in racing. And this I learned from drag racing. You never know who's going to be the winner next time around, because the "recipe" to the racing factors involved are constantly morphing. In other words, "change is good" If you don't have the guts to make "the move" you'll never be a top competitior. And we all know Tony Stewart is a top competitior. I am happy for Tony and I think it's very cool that he has recruited Ryan Newman. These guys could be a force. Certain teams may be weakening (so to speak) and then the competition levels off between them. Who knows? DEI could kick some but' on '09. I'm already looking forward to next season. And you know NASCAR is never done making up their own little rules and restrictions. Once again. It's going to be a wait and see situation. If you want to check my 3000 answers I predicted JGR to be great this year. I didn't know Kyle was going to be the next phenom, but certain things just play out like that in racing. And there actually is a lot of relevance in how that works out in different types of competitive motorsports, not just NASCAR. I think Stewart/Hass will put on a great display of racing in 2009, but their transition will be evident. I also think Tony will be more into his new season. And so will Newman. They don't have a choice. It's their job. And more important, reputation.
  • No, just bad luck for Ryan Newman and the #12 team.
  • I am glad Ryan is going with Tony. I we will see some great racing with these guys. It's going to take a bit for adjusting to the car and get everything just right but once they do I beleive Haas/CNC will be top contenders.
  • Hard to say. Don't think a Penske engine letting go can be a sign of things to come for Newman in a Hendrick powered car. But I agree with you that they may have a tough first season together. But who knows....stranger things have happened.
  • No comments: