21.8.08

What do you think of casey mears?

May be...

  • I don't think he is horrible, but I agree he will never be as good as Jimmie, Jeff, or Jr. I met him a couple of times. He is a really nice guy!
  • He is a good driver. He knows how to race. I take the same crap from people about Paul Menard. They are all great drivers.
  • hes an average driver and how do people get top contributer badges and not know a thing about nascar? that #5 car they "never put much in to" has won a championship.
  • I've always like Casey. He has a lot of potential. Unfortunately he gets caught up in some wrecks. I wanted him to make the chase but doesn't really look good as of now. There is always a next year but will continute to root for him!
  • I like the dude, but for whatever reason he can't keep his butt in a ride. Moving around between cars @ CGR and then swapping teams to Hendrick only to have the same crap happen...

    Hopefully if the rumors are true, he will end up in that #07 @ RCR and if he can stay there for atleast 3 seasons he may do something finally.
  • I'll tell yah. He stinks.
  • he cant drive. some people dont know that he signed with rcr already their trying to keep it on the low he is getting in the 07 jack daniels and clint is getting in the 33 general mills
  • You never heard me say he was crap. And I have said since day 1...that when finally leaves Hendrick Motorsports and gets into a decent car he will take right off. Maybe not quite as good as Kyle...but who is??? lol But he will do so much better than the beer coozie salesman thats for sure.

    Hendrick was never ever known for putting much into the #5 car. Wait'll next year.
  • He might be a great guy and all, everyone improves through time and experience and practice makes perfect but sometimes the teams aren't willing to wait that long for people. Hope he does better whatever team he goes to though.

    Look what happened with Kyle! Great guy and a lot of talent!
  • I like him... he's kind of a fox.
  • I'm really not sure what to think of him. He's most likely going to be my favorite drivers new teammate next year. I like the fact that he seems to get along well with his teammate and is a clean driver but performance wise I'm not sure. He has had a had a hard time at Hendrick the past few seasons and with all the CC and team swaps I don't think he has had a chance to really settle down and show his full potential. Still, if (when) he does go to RCR I expect it to work out. Richard isn't an idiot and I don't think he would put Mears in his car if he didn't have some faith in him. I don't think Casey will go out and set the world on fire like Kyle has (although wouldn't that be hilarious!) but he is consistent and won't tear up equipment. Which is exactly what a new team needs.
  • I'm sure he's a nice enough guy and all, but seriously, he's mediocre at best.
  • Im tired of people calling casey mears crap, in 2003 he finished 35th in points, then in 2004 he made an improvement and finished 22nd. 2005 he finished 22nd again, then in 2006 he made his way to 14th in the points and in 2007 he got to 15th yet people say hes no good. just because he cant keep up with jimmie and jeff and jr, doesnt mean he is no good. What do you think?
  • No comments: