10.12.08

Does anyone think that Scott Speed can win ROTY in 2009?

May be...

  • Right now, it appears that Joey Logano and Scott Speed are so far the only drivers that will compete for Rookie of the Year honors in 2009. There seems to be a lot of talk about Joey and what he might be able to do, but not much for Speed. Looking at his ARCA and Truck stats, it looks like he can get into any type of car and have success right away. So my question is, do you think that Speed could end up being the top rookie in '09? Or do you think it is pretty much guaranteed that Logano will win the honor next year?
  • Not a chance.Joey will smoke him.
  • I think Scott Speed will win ROTY, in all of Joey Lagano's starts, none of them he has ran well, but Scott Speed has in some of has starts, like Homestead.
  • Joey Logano will be the 2009 Raybestos Rookie of the Year,hands down!
  • You mean it's not going to be Robert Richardson Jr.? Nah, I'm rooting for Speed... he's a very talented driver, and has a leg up on the maturity level which is going to drag Joey down this year (although I see Joey being a threat in the future.)
  • I believe Scott will win ROTY.
  • Scott Speed paints his toenails.
  • I believe Scott can win ROTY. I think he will be better overall than Logano in 2009.
  • Oh yes, Scotty will beat that soggy sliced bread Logano any day, we will see who the real deal is next yr, I even think Ambrose might do better than Logano.. But Scotty is by choice for ROTY.

    GO Dale Jr & HMS in 2009
  • Absolutely.....definitely showed talent in everything he has drove so far....so my money's on Scott. Just an opinion but I think Logano will choke.
  • Possibly. It all depends on how he handles and deals with the pressure of being in a regular cup ride for his first year. Attitude (Scott has a pretty good one) can also play a part too. As well as staying out of wrecks, not being stupid and learning to drive and race the big boys and most important not being a hot head and learning from his mistakes.

    If sliced bread, Lagano messes up and does not do that well, Speed may take ROTY.
  • I think Scott Speed will win the ROTY . I think Joey will struggle and get into a lot of trouble with the Trash as he calls the drivers in the back of the field !
  • Everyone is talking about Logano now but I think Speed has a good chance.
  • Yes. Ambrose is my guy, but yes I believe he can.
  • It's going to be interesting, I guess it all depends on how well he races against the other rookies and if just him and Joey, I'm not sure.
  • If he could duplicate that ARCA run from last year, yea, definitely.
  • well if thats the only 2 then i hope so
  • From what I've seen of Logano in the Sprint Cup races this season, he won't do even half as good as what people are making him to be. I don't think Speed is ready either, but he seems to have learned the Sprint Cup cars faster than Logano has.

    Ambrose seems ready enough, but he doesn't have the same level of equipment Speed and Logano have, and when they get used to the series and start running consistently good, I think he'll be left behind.

    I wanna see Ambrose do it, but I think Scott Speed will be the one who wins ROTY.
  • Logano will have better equipment with JGR, but Speed showed promise in the races he did run last year. He's probably just as talented as Joey but it is hard to beat a Joe Gibbs ride.t mobile corporate phone numbers
  • No comments: