10.12.08

Why do so many nascar fans hate dale jr?

May be...

  • Dale jr is better than his daddy by far. I dont understand either. dale jr is nascar. The haters are losers.
  • ok i know about jr nation and everyhting but why do people think he sucks when at least hes got wins
    To name some off Daytona (500)
    Talladega and 2 NNS championships
    sure he doesnt have what his dad did but i mean there are plenty drivers that are worse than him and i just dont see it

    just wonderin
  • He's pretty much a haven for people who want to spend tons of money buying his merchandise. He didn't get in racing until he was about 17 so that alone tells you that he had connections (his dad obviously), or he was brought into the sport for other reasons. I can't name another driver who got such a late start in racing and then became a NASCAR driver. In fact, most get started around the age of 5 racing karts or something. To me, Jr. is just a cash cow and it's funny to me to watch how many people go crazy over his NAME. There are some true fans out there, but he gets so much coverage on TV taht even the new fans automatically start liking him because that's the only name they've ever heard of.
  • Because so many fans love Dale Jr.
  • I think people hate him because they hate his fans. They don't think he is worthy of Most Popular Driver and they get annoyed when all his fans think he's the best thing ever. Well, you get fans of that sort for any driver. But because Jr. is so popular (primarily because of his dad, I will admit) he has more of those types of fans.
    I don't get it either. Jr.'s a top driver. He's debatably the sixth or seventh best driver in the current decade. Only guys I can think of who are better than him on average is Gordon, Johnson, Stewart, Kenseth, and maybe Busch and Edwards.
  • IDK, I think most people can't stand that over crazy side of JR Nation that gets nuts like tossing beer cans at other drivers, I'm not part of that JR Nation. Then there are the ones who just think he will never be his dad.. Well Dale Jr doesn't want to be his dad he wants to be his own. Yes theres other drivers who have not done what he has done a lot of drivers out there have not won the Daytona 500. I think if people will just let Dale Jr be Dale Jr and not try to put him in his dad's shoes it will be fine, quit comparing him, good grief, theres no comparison at all. Then theres the people who think he just has bandwagon fans, people pull for him just because everyone else does, I know 3 people who hate him just for that reason. I was just thinking the other night what are all the haters going to do if he actually wins a championship, Y/A will have to have a bash Dale Jr forum dedicated just for those people. Then theres the people who have nothing else better to do than bash Dale Jr, I think its time some of those people get a life and do something positive, like actually become a real Nascar fan, and respect all drivers and their fans.

    Go Dale Jr & Hms in 2009
  • Dale Jr has been expected to take off in his daddy's footsteps and that hasn't happened yet so alot of people have come to dislike him for not carrying the legacy that his father has. Jr will never be as good on the wins and titles that his father had but the fan base far surpasses his dad and any other driver in the sport today. He is a money maker for nascar. No matter what he touches it turns to gold in endorsements.
  • I really don't think THERE IS a nascar fan that hates Dale Jr.
  • Most people don't hate him. The most popular driver awards prove that. The amount of money he makes on memorabilia proves it. Most of the one's that speak bitter about him just wish their driver was as popular "or" their driver themselves wish they were as popular. Every driver in the cup series knows there is no driver liked as much as Dale Jr.
  • In my opinion, I think everyone expects him to be his dad and he isn't, they don't understand that Jr is his own man with his own way of doing things so they choose to hate him instead of accepting him as he is. Now I love Jr and it doesn't matter to me who his dad was, I like him for him!
  • I don't like him because too many people DO like him. Blame my dad he's always tried to make me be a Jr fan.
  • Because he gets most of the attention, but does he ask for it? No. Second because these fans think everything was handed to him on a silver platter which is not true, true fans who know their NASCAR history know this isn't true.tile backsplash idea
  • No comments: