8.12.08

NASCAR TRIVIA Question 43 vs 21?

May be...

  • I believe it was in 2001 at the Food City 500 at Bristol. I think Elliott Sadler in the #21 won and John Andretti finished 2nd in the #43. I remember Elliott started way in the back. I could be wrong, though. I really don't think that we will see it again if it stays the way it is going. But I hope that the Wood Brothers rebound and Petty is competitive once again soon.
  • I haven't been a fan that long.
  • If gas prices stays down for a year then the economy will get better and maybe in 2010 we'll see more sponsors once again. The Arabs dropped the prices of oil because they were worried the USA was going to go green with electric cars so they dropped the prices. There was a special on 60 minutes because of it. They are talking about trying to keep the gas (oil) prices at a steady price. If that happens the economy should improve and Petty could once again land a sponsor.
  • Being the huge Petty fan that I am I was very disappointed to hear that our arch rivals the Wood Bros would be cutting back to only 12 races next year. This is something they used to do in the 70's hand pick 18 races and go out and win 11 of them with Pearson. Now I don't see them winning any races next year but it sadden me to see them give up on running the entire season. My fondest memories of a child was to see the win come down between the #21 and #43 especially at Martinsville. So here's my question can you tell me the LAST time the #43 and #21 finished first and second (either of one them to win) where did it happen and who were the drivers of the #43 and the #21.
    And do you think we'll ever see it again or has that shipped sailed for good? Good luck and have fun with it!!!!best charge card
  • No comments: