10.12.08

Has contemplating the 2008 season change your mind about any driver good or bad?

May be...

  • i've lost a lot of respect for Jimmie Johnson since he cheated his way again to another championship.
  • ***I have to admit that I do like Jimmie as a driver more but he still doesn't have much of a fun personality. Kyle Busch is a good driver, but I still wish that the kid would grow up. I still respect Dale, Jr., but he is still no driver like his daddy was.
  • I wasn't very fond of Denny Hamlin or Juan Pablo but as the season went by and I was able to pay more attention to them Ive gained alot of respect for them. I wasn't aware of all the charity work that Denny does in his home state and JPM gives back to his fellow countrymen to help them.

    Im with storm on David Gilliland. I like him alot after he got his chance at cup but that racing deal with JPM was intentional, I don't care which way you look at it, he turned hard left.
  • I came into the 2008 season kinda liking Kyle Busch, he wasn't one of my drivers and all but he was in the past, but just during this season he really ticked me off a lot, not due to him winning all the races that he won but just his overall attitude, he really needs to step up on the track type stuff. He does some great things sometimes off the track but on he really needs to mature. He's just not quite there yet.
  • Dealing with people in here has changed my mind about drivers. I've come to like pretty much all drivers more. Dealing with Brian France's mentality has made me dislike the sport more in general.
  • Ah don no wat dat means but heck ya. have you ah seenah myah daddy. he doneah wam ah bam ah thank ya mam to mah mahma and den he dun took off. .
  • Yes, I had a pretty good opinion of David Gilliland in the beginning and after he lied straight to the camera about the Montoya incident my opinion drastically changed for the bad.

    Juan Pablo Montoya, I use to hate him; however in 08 he was real honest, drove pretty well, dropped a lot of his attitude and wrecked a lot less people.
  • I lost and thus have no respect for Brad Kesolowski after he intentionally hit Denny's car during a caution for no reason. Furthermore, Denny had to take the blame. You all know how the incident went...
  • I have an even lower opinion of Dale Earnhardt, Jr. given his piss poor year with the best equipment from the best organization in NASCAR...............
  • I can't call two of them Wreck 'em Ragan or Juan Problem anymore...

    But I can call two of them Mr. Ed and Stupid.

    Plus I like Gordon more now for the reason Winter Glory mentioned.
  • Gained alot of respect for David Ragan and Juan Pablo. Both seemed to mature on and off the track a great deal. Oh, and Carl Edwards IS a TOTAL douche when the camera is not on him!

  • I can actually tolerate that little dart without a feather a little bit better now....
  • Carl Edwards. I was kind of indifferent to him, but by the end of the season I admired his competitiveness. He never gave up.
  • I never really cared for Carl Edwards. I didn't like him but I didn't hate him either.

    But after seeing some of the things that were going on off camera (or on camera, I guess) made me think twice. For example, when he acted like he was going to punch Kenseth during an interview, then he wrecked his own teammate at Talladega, and then when he got into it with Harvick.

    After all that, I've lost all respect for him. He seems like two different people at times.

    I also rather liked Brad Keselowski going into the season, but after his little incident with Denny Hamlin on the track at Lowe's back in May, I just stopped liking him altogether. Sorry, but racing someone hard under CAUTION is pretty stupid and thinking that they're not going to retaliate after you purposely ran into them, just makes you a flat out idiot.

    I don't think there was anyone this season that I hated and ended up liking them though; oh well, there's always next season for that.
  • I didn't really like Jeff Gordon coming into the season, but after seeing him go a whole year without a win and actually being a really good sport about it, I have gained a lot of respect for him.
  • Did you go in the 2008 season not liking someone and come out of it with a newer respect for them? Or was it the opposite?
  • For me, it would be Kyle Busch for good and bad reasons. Prior to '08, he was my third favorite driver. After the Coke 600 at Charlotte, Kyle gave Jeff the bird for "racing him hard". Kyle races hard, so I thought "He thinks it's okay when he does it, but not when someone else does it to him?" The deal with Carl at Bristol was kind of uncalled for, too. Along the way, I lost some respect for him. However, he showed his full potential as a driver, so I did gain respect from him, too. He didn't let anyone get in his way and gave it all he had to win races. So entering 2009, I have respect for him as a true racer.
  • I liked Denny Hamlin a lot before the beginning of this season,but after seeing his actins and listening to him whine and bash his own team quite a few times this season,I have lost a lot of respect for him.
  • Well, I used to call David Ragan "Wreck 'Em" LOL He cleaned his driving up quite a bit this year and was a suprisingly consistent driver. The only thing he did consistently last year was take a bunch of good cars with him every time he crashed. Also, the more I hear and see Carl Edwards the less impressed I am about him as a person. Several sources have said how two faced he is and that his on camera personality compared to who he really is are totally different. I really respect his ability but I am not as much of a fan of his anymore.
    4's FINE N 09!!!!
  • I've mentioned this before, but for those who don't know.
    Having spent the entire last half of the season defending Jeff Gordon against the question of "Does Jeff Gordon officially suck"? has turned me into a bit of a Jeff Gordon fan.
    Thanks JGG, your strategy of turning all the anti-Gordonites into Gordon lovers is working brilliantly!!!

    If I thought for a second this strategy would work for Kyle, I'd do it in a heart beat. But I just don't have the heart to.
    egged bus tours israel
  • No comments: