12.6.08

Do you know anyone who has given up on NASCAR?

May be...

  • All 3 of my husbands sisters, but that's because they turned into spineless doormats after they got married, and none of their husbands like nascar. Pitiful.

    *I don't avoid them, they do! We're not good enough for them anymore, lol..*
  • I have not totally lost interest but the rule changes, new car and hype has sorely tested me. I watch maybe a third as many races as I used to. And I am quick to turn them off if something irritates me. DW especially. Boogity is something that I thought was dumb 30 years ago.
  • One of my best friends and her son used to be into NASCAR big time and they were also Jeff Gordon fans but they don't watch anymore either they do keep up on it because of me and the details I tell them but other than that they don't watch anymore when I asked why they said that they just got to mad at it all the time; you know I get mad at it myself at times too but I couldn't ever imagine giving up on my NASCAR not gonna happen nope never!!!

    edit: zalex when did you become pres of Jr Nation? LOL =)
  • I actually almost have many times since Dale Sr death, Lucky Dog BS, no more of the Rock, no more darlington son labor day weekend, California speedway is just Bad, the boredom of the fashion Matt Kenseth won the final Winston cup, onslaught on bandwagon, Jimmie Johnson winning the championship, Cot, and the riceburner toyotas. ETCETERA.

    But still here.......................................
  • i make people more interested in it so they wanna take a peek
  • Yes but they stopped watching it a few years ago. I'm really not sure why she gave up on it, either
  • Yesterday I ran into an old friend who was a huge NASCAR & Jeff Gordon fan. I was stunned when he told me that he didn't even watch it anymore - he was so disgusted with all of the rule changes and the COT.
    As a longtime fan, I've been pretty disgusted myself, but never enough to give it up completely.
    I'm just wondering, does anyone else have friends or acquaintances who have stopped watched NASCAR completely?
  • I think you can consider my brother and I have quit NASCAR. Between the two of us, we were season ticket holders of ten seats at Michigan (MIS) since the inception-1969. Then, MIS and NASCAR began forcing us to buy tickets to support races on Saturday-Busch, truck, etc. So we quit two years ago. We also quit flying to Daytona, Sonoma , Phoenix, Bristol and Taladega for the races.
    Then NASCAR made the teams build the piece if crap COT, made 35 teams be in each race.
    Guess what? My brother retired, lives ten minutes from Daytona. He doesn't go to the track. Doesn't even watch on TV. Either do I. The France family ruined the sport.
  • u still cant be disgusted with nascar
  • Yes. It's kinda sad. I guess they arent real fans then, I guess
  • YEAH, several, mainly my bro....
    He's silly. huh?

    Zalex: You need to mind your own business...
    That is not true at all, Dave is a diehard Nascar Fan!
  • I've seen them come and go.My dad left when they went to tube frame chassis in 71 and he introduced me to the sport of circle track racing,on a local and a national level. I built a modified Dodge and went racing and sparked his interest a little but he and the driver & most of the crew lost interest after Dale Sr was killed for varied reasons. Some just don't like the Chase.

    edit I am guilty of using the DVR about half the time so I can A watch both the F-1 and Indy race if they are scheduled around thet time and
    B blow through the commercials
  • yes one of my friends , ( DAVE ) he was a kurt busch fan, and recently he gave up, because of how bad kurt busch was doing
  • OMG, yes big time, but then most of them are old timers, who gave up on Nascar when The Rock, Wilkesboro lost races, and Darlington lost the Southern 500.. and when we got a races out here in Calif, and now with the COT, and with Nascar going Hollyweird as they call it.. They do watch Arca, and they go to Camping World races, and World of Outlaws races. They just read about it in the paper or hear news on the TV... Yes, I'm upset with some of the same issues but I'm still a fan theres lots that I do not like, but then it gives me something to piss and moan about.. I even know people out here who tried to give it a try, they watch but if theres a Baseball, Football, Soccer, Basketball they'll watch those and ask me who won...I have about 10-12 diehard fans out here, but only 3 or 4 of us actually go to the races, they'd rather watch it on TV.. But me I'm at the race..

    Go Dale Jr & Hms
  • Some of them get mad and ticked like all of us do at times but always stay or come back. It hasn't gotten that bad for them yet and certainly not me. :)
  • I know a guy who didn't completely give it up, but has come very close since Dale Earnhardt died. I really don't understand how one driver means that much to you watching it, but that's another story. That's not really about the same things you asked though. I don't think he cares for most of the changes either. He basically watches the Daytona 500 and maybe a race here or there now. He really doesn't care what happens much now, just watches when nothing else is going on.
  • i am not as interested in it as much as i used too. to many changes. i watch it as much as i can, well at least the fun tracks, bristol, dega, charlotte.... you know
  • HEY !! Lynn !! What'cha doing??..... I have a few friends and family that don't get into it, like they once did ?? WELL??? .... Their just not real die-hards like they once were.
    RULE CHANGES??.......
  • Nope. Everyone I know still watches it as much as they always have.

    Winter Glory ~ I hear ya. My future husband will either have to be a NASCAR fan or find something else to do during the races. When NASCAR is involved I compromise for noone. :) Not even my grandfather who tried to talk us out of going to our 1st race. And he's the reason I like NASCAR to begin with. Weird right?
  • Heck No!
  • yeah its pretty disapointing, my best friend was a huge kahne fan but because of the cot and toyota coming in (no offense toyots fans) and it happened that year that kahne wasnt doing so hot, he got out of watchin nascar. it sucks cause it was pretty fun him rootin for kahne and me for jr and stewart especially since he hated stewart...lol. i've tryed to talk him back into watchin it but its hopless. :(
  • Yes actually my one friend. He introduced me to the sport and i immediately fell in love with it. But now that he hangs out with the football and basketball kids he lost interest in it. NASCAR is the best sport ever!!!
  • No comments: