11.6.08

Should we Petty Enterprises fans be delighted or depressed?

May be...

  • Of course you should be happy. Without this partnership it sounds like Petty Ent. would go bankrupt in the coming years. Sounds like they were only able to sign Labonte because of the partnership.
  • LaBonte should bring some renewed respect. It's a great move. No it didn't surprise me to hear Kyle isn't a part owner.
  • Delighted. What an awesome move for Petty. I would love to see Bobby running up front!
  • I just posted a question about the same thing right above yours. Sorry Sally, I think it will help them in the long run and I'm certainly glad to see Bobby get a 4 year extension.
  • After watching the Petty Enterprises news conference:
    I'm beyond delighted that Bobby Labonte has signed a 4 year contract and that he aluded to the posibility of being a "partner" in some of the extension clauses.
    I'm beyond depressed that partnering with venturists has now become a part of the sport and that Petty Enterprises has fallen to having to be bedfellows with one.
    I was surprised to learn that the Richard Petty Driving Experience is a part of the new "partnership".
    I was surprised to hear Kyle say he is not an owner in Petty Enterprises (an assumption on my part that he was).
    I feel nervous about the sponsorship situation for both the 43 & the 45 for 2009. It was a topic that was pretty well hurried over in the news conference.
    Anyone else watch and have comments?
  • It good for them to get Bobby for 4 more years. Bobby is there best driver and will have the best chance to get a win, not being rude to Kyle Petty. I knew that Bobby would have a different sponsor, because RCR is taking the General Mills sponsor, which is what Bobby is driving for this year. Now Petty Enterprise just needs a younger FA singing and they will be doing good!
  • Petty Enterprises is now the NEW Hendrick.
  • No comments: