9.6.08

Martin Brundle's un-PC remark. . .?

May be...

  • OMG I didn't hear that. I think I would have choked if I had. We have friends that are gypsies and we call them pikeys all the time and they don't give a toss lmao. He'll probably get caned for that.
  • Oh who cares? People are getting too soft-skinned for their own good.

    If people are going to complain about that, maybe I should complain to Rai Uno (Italian TV for those who don't know) because they called Coulthard "inglese" on a dozen occasions yesterday...maybe having a Scot being wrongly attributed my nationality insulted MY essential "Englishness"...I wonder how much compensation I can get out of them for that...?

    For those who have never had the "joy" of living in France, "rosbif" is a half-fun, half-pejorative (depending on the context) French slang name for an Englishman... it's probably more insulting than "paddy" but less insulting than "pikey" or "mick", or other expressions which might get me my answer deleted by the Y!A PC Police...
  • Political correctness HAS gone mad. How on earth they can make a story out of that I don't know. Cant be any real news in the world..........
    All hail Brundle!
  • That was funny, who cares about it being PC?

    Pikeys have offered to do my mum's drive 3 times in the last fortnight, perhaps we ought to give them the number for the Canadian F1 HQ?
  • Who really cares?
    Are people really that sensitive to what others say, or is PC a reaction to the compensation culture prevalent in our society today?
  • well anything in f1 can be turned into a big news story....
  • It's not such a big deal really but for someone presenting a show live to millions of people it's unacceptable. It was a poor attempt at humor and it was totally unprofessional. Talk like that should be resevered for when they are away from the camera. F1 doesn't need this kind of negative **** right now and I hope he gets fined.
  • When it aired I turned to my wife and said "There will be trouble over that"

    xxFJ
  • It was only a matter of time!
    Your comments please

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...
  • i can't see what he has done wrong.

    as a joke he called some fictional canadian workmen pikeys.

    it was just before the start so there will have been nobody laying tarmac.

    it was a JOKE.

    and what was a matter of time?
  • No comments: