10.2.08

Would you be offended if...?

May be...

  • If you had made contact with someone from Yahoo answers, would you feel uncomfortable if they went through your questions? Personally, I wouldn't dream of doing it, and even though I have nothing to hide, do you think it would be a bit creepy? I'M NOT SAYING ANYONE HAS! I trust my contacts anyway-all I am asking is do you?
  • Mine are set to private to keep the trolls out.
  • its an open forum and thats the idea. if it offends you your on the wrong site. there is no privacy with regard to submitted answers.
  • If they are interested in you, then i can see them doing it... but to just be doing it, i would not ! if i get a question like Why doesn't anyone answer my questions, then i will go look just to see what questions.........it would not offend me!
  • If you answer truthfully and with integrity, then it shouldn't matter. Don't make contacts if that's how you feel.
  • I think I'd be slightly unnerved, but it depended on the reason for the question search. I haven't thought about it like that, and I actually did this for the first time tonight. I posted a joke, and someone really laid it into me that I was in the wrong for posting said joke. I sifted through their questions, and was HORRIFIED to find how totally hypocritical their answer to my question was. So I posted an answer to one of their seriously offensive questions. I feel a little ashamed of myself for stooping to that level, but I was furious. *sad*

    It's like a T-shirt I saw once with two black kettles facing each other, and one has a clenched fist in the other's 'face' and is saying "What the F*** did you just call me!?!"
  • Not neccessarily creepy, its a good way of finding out how someone thinks, what their attitudes are etc..after all no-one knows who is really behind the avatar, the only way to judge someone is by seeing how they think.
  • I have traced two individuals who made unfavourable comment or placed TD's beside my post. I have warned them and YA by e-mail..they have now less than 30 minutes to abjectly apologise and retract or face the consequences.

    I do wish that people would realise that a broken bottle to the face is potentially blinding and disfiguring for life!
  • No I wouldn't
  • Yeah I agree with you, I'm kinda creeped out by it, that's why mine is private I have had a couple of trolls going through my Q/A causing trouble. If a person is not on your contact list, they have no business creeping through your profile.
  • No comments: