10.2.08

Physician Assistants in Cali?

May be...

  • I'm scouting out cities throughout the country in anticipation of life after college graduation. I'm planning on attending Physician Assistant school. Here on the east coast (NYC, Boston) there are a TON of PA jobs. Lots and lots in surgical specialties, and all well paid.



    Then when I was looking for PA jobs in Cali. and Seattle I find nothing. Are PAs not a popular choice for physicians and hospitals? monster.com and such have literally 2 postings for San Diego, for example.



    From what I understand there are no extra PA regulations in Cali. than here on the east. Has the profession just not taken off?
  • On the West Coast, Nurse Practitioners are very popular. PAs, not so much. Look in the South East and Texas. Depending on your specialty, PA is very lucrative there.
  • There are a lot of them in Las Vegas, NV. But , to tell you the truth, they work for HMO's, and the money ain't great. Keep trying California. The $$ would be best there. Good luck, kiddo! I mean it! :)
  • No comments: